Autodesk® Fusion 360™ is the first 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE tool of its kind. It connects your entire product development process in a single cloud-based platform that works on both Mac and PC. If you haven't touched Fusion 360 yet, now is a great time to get started! Stake out your position in a new market – where you can be the market leader.
Reasons to develop Fusion 360 apps:
- Rapid Adoption: Education and start-ups - the people creating the future of mechanical design and on the forefront of the “Future of Making Things” are quickly adopting this next generation mechanical design tool. Not only is it much quicker to learn than many traditional mechanical design applications, but also collaboration and sharing are “built-in”.
- Get in Early and position yourself as a technology leader: It's easy to be noticed and stand out. You can demonstrate for your customers a path to a Cloud/Sharing/Collaborative future.
- Shaping the future: Fusion 360 is built collaboratively with the community. Autodesk listens to what users want and deliver new functionality every 6-8 weeks.
- Community: Get inspired by the Fusion Community and see what people are creating with Fusion 360.
- Leverage Autodesk promotional efforts: Take advantage of the fact that Autodesk is heavily promoting Fusion 360. With just a small investment of time, you can secure your position with Autodesk’s “early adopter” Fusion customers. Early adopters love, embrace and have the strongest need for add-on apps.
- Attractive Customer Pricing: Fusion 360 is at a very different price point from traditional design software —at just $25/month for both design and CAM. This makes Fusion based solutions attractive to new price-sensitive customers that Autodesk and developers have not been able to reach before.
- Financial incentive - To motivate you to learn the API and publish your first Fusion 360 app in the store. For all new Fusion 360 apps submitted to the Autodesk App Store by midnight on October 31st, 2016 and accepted for publication in the store by November 30th, each entrant of the Hackathon will receive US$ 500 for one eligible app only per entrant.
Fusion 360 resources:
Check out all the information, education, and resources available to you to help you get started:
- Learn about the Fusion 360 API here
- Talk to fellow Fusion API enthusiasts on the Fusion 360 API forum
- Check out the additional learning resources on Github
- See Fusion 360 Fundamentals for learning materials
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, BIM 360, Fusion 360, and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2016 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.