Build Apps that help in transforming the way products are designed, made and used.
The way things are designed, made and used is rapidly changing. New technologies are disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.
Calling developers and innovators—let's build the future together and power the future of making things!
Join us for the Forge and Fusion 360 Hackathon where Autodesk will help you get a head start with APIs made for the cloud. Whether you’re using our cloud APIs to build a new business or taking your business into the cloud, join us in extending the boundaries of what's possible.
This is an online hackathon and there is no fee or no cost to participate.
There are two components:
- A series of 10 Web training sessions on Autodesk Forge and Fusion 360 APIs. The Webinar Tab shows the schedule, topics and a registration link for webinars.
- An Online Hackathon from September 1–October 31, 2016 where you can get expert help publishing an app on the Autodesk App Store and a reward! For all new Forge or Fusion 360 apps submitted to the Autodesk App Store by midnight on October 31, 2016 and accepted for publication in the store by November 30, 2016, each entrant of the Hackathon will receive US$ 500 for one eligible app only per entrant. See section How to Enter below.
The Hackathon will help you to get hands-on with Autodesk cloud services—the Autodesk® Forge platform and Autodesk® Fusion 360™ to develop apps that apply to a wide range of industries.
Autodesk Forge is a development platform - a set of cloud services that connects design, engineering, visualization, collaboration, production and operations workflows. It enables you to create experiences with new technologies in areas like:
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- AEC, BIM
- Internet of Things
- 3D Printing
Click the Forge tab to learn more about Forge, the community and resources.
Fusion 360 is the first 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE tool of its kind. It connects your entire product development process in a single cloud-based platform that works on both Mac and PC. Click the Fusion 360 tab to learn more about Fusion 360, the community and resources.
Autodesk App Store: By publishing apps in the Autodesk App Store you gain immediate access help you find customers, to connect what you’ve developed with the people looking for that kind of solution. The Autodesk App Store is THE online resource for millions of Autodesk customers to browse and download or purchase the apps they need. Click here for the App Store page to learn more about the opportunities for developers publishing apps on Autodesk App Store.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
The Hackathon is open to any person (who has reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction) who has internet access, who is not a citizen of, or located within, a nation that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including, without limitation, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, North Korea, Iraq (Nineveh province, Al-Anbar province, and Salah ad Din province), Crimea), and who is not identified on any U.S. government restricted party lists (including, without limitation, the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Other Blocked Persons, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Party List, Entity List and Unverified List and the U.S. Department of State’s proliferation-related lists). Autodesk, employees of Autodesk, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, or advertising or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter the Hackathon, nor are members of their household or their immediate family.
For complete eligibility information, please refer to full Official Rules.
App Submission: There are two steps to app submission:
1. App should be submitted electronically to the Autodesk Site by the Submission Deadline (11:59 p.m. Pacific Time of October 31, 2016). Refer to Autodesk Apps Submission Overview for submission process. For Autodesk Forge API based Apps see these instructions. For Autodesk Fusion 360 Apps see these instructions. The submitted apps will be tested by Autodesk and entrants are allowed to make further changes to their submitted apps during the Testing Period (November 1-30, 2016).
2. You will be required to complete a brief form under the Submission tab above to register a few key details and accept the Official Rules.
See FAQ and Official Rules for complete information.
How to enter
There is no cost or no fee to register for the Hackathon or the Webinars.
For Webinars only: You may attend the educational webinars without publishing an app. Click the Webinar tab in the top banner to register.
For the Hackathon:
Any individual planning to develop apps based on the Autodesk Forge cloud platform or Autodesk Fusion 360 may register for the Hackathon.
1. Please review the Official Rules before entering the Hackathon competition.
2. Register in the top right hand corner to receive important communications and access the Submission Form. You will automatically be registered for the webinars.
3. Visit the Forge and Fusion 360 tabs for information about the APIs, as well as documentation and resources and visit the App Store page for app preparation information.
4. See FAQ for additional information.
Manager, Autodesk App Store Technical Team
Senior Manager, Autodesk Forge Partner Development
AEC Technical Lead, Autodesk
Marketing Manager, Autodesk App Store
Principal API Designer, Autodesk Fusion 360
Lead, Autodesk App Store QA Team
Fusion 360 Specialist, Autodesk App Store
The Hackathon is NOT a contest.
Different from a contest where a panel of judges selects a few winners from competition, this Hackathon just provides additional incentives to encourage developers to develop apps for Autodesk App Store.
See Official Rules for complete details.
As long as your app meets the development and publishing requirements as specified in the Official Rules, you are eligible for receiving the reward. There is no limit on the number of reward winners!